Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday Inspiration - The Tiny Embroidery of Eira Teufel

I used to embroider a lot - I still love picking up a needle and laying the different colored threads out in front of me, but somehow I don't seem to get to it very often.  And when I see amazing embroidery like that of Russian embroidery artist Svetlana of Eira Teufel, I'm inspired to start a new project!


Svetlana creates beautifully intricate pieces that range from small to impossibly tiny - pendants, brooches, motifs for sewing onto clothing, cufflinks, .... it's truly fascinating.


The German embroidery site Pumora has an interesting and recent interview with her that I highly recommend reading - you can find it here.  And after you get hooked on her work and try to decide whether or not you want to buy a giant magnifying glass and create your own tiny works, you can look at her Etsy store here.  I know I'm looking at those fish brooches!


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment