Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Weaving

I've been daydreaming about the day when I can buy a floor loom ... that day is not too far off!  So to get ready, I've been wandering around sites that offer free patterns and instructions.  If you also have the weaving bug, you'll want to check these out.

Schnact Spindle Company has quite a few patterns on this site that also teach a specific weaving skill.  I think this clutch will be one of my first projects!


Lion Brand offers over 60 free patterns here and many of them are done on simple looms.  These placemats look like a good beginning project!


The Woolery offers several free patterns, including this overview of weaving twills - something that's on the top of my "want to learn" list.  See more here.


On Weavolution's website, you can find some gorgeous pattern pdfs like these gorgeous striped towels.


And if you want to immerse yourself in weaving for the better part of a morning, go to the Wellingtonboot site for weaving tutorials for beginners and kids.  This is an amazing collection of just about any weaving technique you can think of from!  Even a fascinating automatic loom made from Legos that I highly recommend watching the video of!



Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment