Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Inspiration - Severija Incirauskaite-Kriauneviciene


Direction, 2009.  Metal shovel, cotton.
Detail of Direction.

I have to admit that I don't often think of cross-stitch embroidery as something that is used in fiber art.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoy working it, but ...   And then I found Lithuanian artist Severija Incirauskaite-Kriauneviciene's work!  She drills holes in very unusual backgrounds and then uses cotton embroidery floss to cross-stitch the usual floral, fruit, etc. designs.  It's extremely eye catching!

Way of Roses, 2008.  Honda Civic, cotton.



I love how it transforms these cold metal tools into something more cozy and feminine.





Good Morning Composition, 2005.  Metal pan, cotton.




Her website has a large number of pieces to look at and Don't Panic has a good interview.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment