Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Project - Crocheted Daisies

  
I had a good weekend working on my denim crazy quilt squares ... and at 102+, the weather here was perfect for staying inside!  My mom and I were at our local quilting store last week and realized that we always seem to be gearing up for quilting projects this time of year.  That might seem strange to be quilting during the summer in Phoenix, but we decided it's because summer is the time of year we stay indoors here.  Sort of like winter in most places!

Anyway, I wanted to put a few crocheted daisies on one of my squares and couldn't find any instructions for small ones with long petals.  Surprised me!  I decided to try just coming up with one - these look pretty good and were quick and easy.

Materials:
*size 30 crochet thread
*size 10 crochet hook
*beads

Loosely chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to form a ring.

Round 1:  Chain 1 and put 10 single crochet stitches into the ring.  Join to the first chain 1 with a slip stitch.

Round 2:  *Chain 7.  Single crochet in the 4th chain from the hook.  Double crochet in each of the three chains remaining.  Slip stitch to the next stitch (the next single crochet you put into the ring).  Repeat from *.  When it's too crowded to slip stitch (after a petal) into the next stitch, you can skip one.  I had to do this a couple of times - and ended up with 7 petals, which is what I wanted.

I sewed the daisies onto the square by making a stitch at the top of each petal and then sewed a large bead into each center.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm ! great, thank you for sharing
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete