Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Sewing - Thanksgiving Napkins






I had plans of embroidering turkey napkins for Thanksgiving .... yeah, somehow time seems to start moving really, really fast at this time of the year.  So when I saw this beautiful vintage turkey print on Graphics Fairy this morning, I found a way to make those Thanksgiving napkins happen!





If you haven't discovered Graphics Fairy yet, set a lot of time aside and take a look.  I have a whole stack of images saved from there that I know I'll be able to do wonderful things with someday.  I took the turkey, removed the border and words, and blurred the edges.  Remember the mitered edged napkins from Halloween?  I sewed up eight of those, made a iron on transfer page of the turkey image, and put them on the napkins.  I'm ready for Thanksgiving now!  Well ... not actually, but we have napkins!








Materials:
*hemmed cotton napkins or make your own with the tutorial here
*iron on transfer paper (see this post for the type I use)
*sheet of turkey images found here






Print the turkey image page and cut each image out close to the image.  Follow your iron on transfer paper directions to put each image onto your napkins.





Easy and quick!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment