Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Inspiration - Felt Art

I love felt and frequently search out interesting felt art.  Here's what's currently inspiring me:




Nicole Chauzaud Telaar's felted furniture.








Tristan Lowe's amazing lifesize sperm whale, Mocha Dick.

Tristin Lowe (American, b. 1966)
Mocha Dick, 2009
In collaboration with The Fabric Workshop and Museum, Philadelphia.
Photos by Arthur Evans








 Beth Connor's fun monster purses.















Nancy Mellon's felt top hat.
















And ... the best for last .... Chad Alice Hagen's felted books.  I am seriously coveting these!













She teaches workshops ....

















I have my fingers crossed she has one anywhere near me next year.  Like west of the Mississippi!

2 comments:

  1. hello, can you update the link for nancy's felt top hat to here, http://jafagirls.blogspot.com/
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The splines were glued into the two opposite sides making sure they went in all the way and then the other two sides were glued on. HC Cafe Tables

    ReplyDelete